Disney Sponsors 16th Annual Don Quijote Awards Gala
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Dec. 7, 2013 – A mobile technology firm, pediatric medical practice and the retired owners of a grocery story were among the honorees recognized during the 16th annual Don Quijote Awards Gala hosted by Walt Disney World Resort .
Organized by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando (HCCMO) and the Hispanic Business Initiative Fund of Florida, Inc. (HBIF) the award recognizes Hispanic business owners and community leaders who have excelled professionally to make a difference in Central Florida.
“We are inspired to invest in organizations, like HBIF and the HCCMO, that drive lasting change in the communities where we live, work and play,” said Nancy Gidusko, Director of Community Relations for Walt Disney World Resort.
The 2013 Don Quijote honorees included:
· Echo Interaction Group, Hispanic Business of the Year (five years or less);
· Kidsville Pediatrics, Hispanic Business of the Year (more than five years);
· Leticia M. Diaz, Professional of the Year;
· Jerry Ross, Hispanic Community Champion;
· Lieutenant Colonel Wilson Ariza, Excellence Award; and Luisa and Rafael Medina, Lifetime Achievement.
Disney has sponsored the awards, which celebrate Central Florida’s Hispanic entrepreneurs, professionals and community leaders, for more than a decade.